HEAVY EQUIPMENT SAFETY INSTRUCTION & REGULATION FOR 3RD PARTIES SUBCONTRACTORS
- The heavy equipment (cranes – loaders – diggers … etc.) are provided by the contractor so that they are calibrated and certified, accompanied by a copy of customs clearance and calibration certificates for cranes.
- The officer of occupational health and safety reviews equipment papers in addition to equipment examination in order to ensure its validity according to instructions of occupational health and safety in the site.
- Trained drivers are provided by the contractor to drive the heavy equipment, being all with first degree professional license and heavy equipment license as well (statement of certified driver names).
- Commitment not to overload excess residues as a result of drilling or of imported materials to the site, in which does not exceed the box limit at least “20 cm” and the load is all flat.
- All of heavy equipment or trolleys drivers must commit to personal protection tasks (safety shoes – helmet – reflector jacket) while being out of equipment.
- Contractor is committed to training all his supervisors in the site to (safe driving and dealing with heavy equipment and cranes).
- Commitment to put a protective cover on the residues to avoid its fall while moving.
- Commitment to tipping the load to prevent the fall of the load or some of it while moving (raw materials for the project).
- Commitment not to ride anyone beside the heavy equipment drivers and so in order to avoid causing serious damages.
- Not riding on any part of heavy equipment such as the forklift or the bucket – loader or somewhat similar.
- It is strictly forbidden to lift any of the workers by the two forklifts of heavy equipment to take any material or moving from place to another, and who violates that is excluded from the site.
- Update of heavy equipment is sent periodically and final calibration date as well (at least every month).
- Not leaving any equipment to operate without the presence of its operator.
- Alarm and flash light should be used at approaching the intersections or the blind vision angles, and in the case of night work.
- The crane is slowly driven backwards in the case in which the lifted materials by the two forklifts of crane were obscuring vision.
- Load lift should not be exceeded by the equipment and should make sure that load weight does not exceed the equipment capacity.
- Driving heavy equipment is authorized only for the individuals who are authorized through department of the occupational health and safety, and who are agreed by the contractor (statement of certified driver names).
- Loader drivers have to commit to the prescribed speed by department of the occupational health and safety (10 km per hour) inside the site.
- Waste and material trucks drivers have to commit to the prescribed speed by department of the occupational health and safety (25 km per hour) inside the site.
- Crane drivers have to commit to the prescribed speeds by department of the occupational health and safety (25 km per hour) inside the site.
- Iron Barrie is placed in the work places of heavy equipment and the unauthorized individuals to work inside this area are excluded.
- In case of occurring- intentionally or negligently – any damage or loss in the equipment or cars with the availability of all sufficient information and needed precautions due to one of workers of the contractor, the contractor shall bear full responsibility with retention of EGYPTEC company right to hold claim and deduct the value of damages from its own contactor’s account.
- In case of occurring accident – God forbid – in the site, site manager, officer of occupational health and safety and director of legal affairs report general manager of safety in order to investigate the accident to avoid its repeated occurrence.